Saturday 1 March 2014

Saturday Snippets

I thought it might be interesting to be able to see where my money was coming from and so I created a spreadsheet, with the aim of producing a pie chart. I'm having difficulty though because none of my headings are appearing! So for example column 1 is "eBay", column 2 is "Vouchers" etc. But when I create the pie chart, the key to the sections is just labelled "1, 2, 3" etc rather than my column headings. Any help would be appreciated!

Today's contributions come from sale of old stock (£5) and a 20% off KFC voucher I used when treating my sons to lunch today, which saved £3.37. So £8.37 in total.

Added in March so far: £8.37
Original Monthly Target: (£2014÷12) = £167 - left to do in March £158.63
Balance-Based Monthly Target: (£1298.14÷10) = £129.81 - left to do in March £121.44


Running total:

£724.23

1 comment:

  1. It's been a while since I've used Excel so my knowledge is dwindling, but I remember having similar problems if my data table wasn't set up just right. Such a pain in the bum!!

    It sounds like excel doesn't know what to name your sections, so instead of Ebay it's calling it '1' etc.

    Take a look over here and see if this helps: http://www.wikihow.com/Make-a-Pie-Chart-in-Excel

    (sorry don't know how to do hyperlinks in comments).

    If you've set up your data table in a similar way and it still isn't working for you, email me at afrugalwife1@gmail.com and I'll have a little play around.

    Sx

    ReplyDelete