Friday 28 February 2014

Friday's Frugalities

I missed posting yesterday, real life got in the way! And I'm only here with a very quick round up this evening, I didn't want the month to end without tying up the loose ends.

Today's (and yesterday's) combined additions to the pot are £24.12 eBay, £5.00 from selling off my old stock, £7.12 from using Asda vouchers and £3.67 'oddses' from my bank account. A grand total of £39.91!

Added in Feb so far: £346.23
Original Monthly Target: (£2014÷12) = £167 - left to do in Feb £-179.23 Hurrah!
Balance-Based Monthly Target: (£1644.37÷11) = £149.49 - left to do in Feb £-196.74 Hurrah!

I'm really pleased to have done so well in what has actually been quite a lean month in the Challengee household - by going over and above my monthly target I've made the March target significantly lower which is good since I'll be away for a whole week towards the end of the month. With £1298.14 to go, next month's targets look like this:

Original Monthly Target: (£2014÷12) = £167 - left to do in March £167
Balance-Based Monthly Target: (£1298.14÷10) = £129.81 - left to do in March £129.81


Running total:

£715.86

2 comments:

  1. I'm impressed by your regular updates as life gets in the way more often than not for me! :)

    You had a great February! I think it's wise to aim for a lower amount this month, especially if you'll be away (hopefully for something nice!)

    Ebay seems to be working for you which is somewhere I'm thinking of trying again in the near future. I haven't listed anything since the postage fees changed and still trying to figure out if it will be worth my while. I was interested in reading your experiences with Music Magpie. I almost used them last year but didn't as I ran out of time before our house move - don't think I will be in the future!

    Good luck for March! Sx

    ReplyDelete
  2. I had a rubbish experience with MM too, definitely wouldn't recommend :(

    ReplyDelete