Friday 24 January 2014

Just call me DelBoy...!

Yesterday morning when I popped into Asda (for yet more printer ink - why is it that the colours run out about three days after each other? Why can't they all go at once so you'd buy a multipack? I've replaced three in three weeks costing me almost £30, and a pack of four is only £33! - but I digress...) .. where was I.. ah yes, when I popped into Asda, there was a large rollercage with reduced homewares in it. 
Most of it was of no use to me but I spotted a ceiling light fitting, one of those which has five arms and a globe on each arm, and uses those funny new tiny bulbs. It was reduced from £30 to £4!!! 
Well, it was no use to me as I've recently replaced the living room fitting anyway, but at that price I knew I could turn a profit so I snapped it up.  Came home, put it straight onto my local Facebook selling page and within two hours had sold it for a tenner - £6 clear profit! Into the pot, along with a couple more quid from eBay - I made another £70 but most of it has gone into other 'pots'.

Running total:

£302.14

Yay! I passed the £300 mark!

1 comment:

  1. Woo Hoo, Way to go. At this rate you will be in a strong position to ride the times when deposits slow down.

    ReplyDelete