Tuesday 14 January 2014

Just an update -

Nothing very exciting to add, but I transferred £4.84 'oddses' from my current account into my 2014 account today, and added a further £5 from 'leftover' car MOT money. I have been saving for this and it came in way under what I had expected. At first I planned to put all the surplus (£145) into my 2014 account but after some thought I decided to keep £100 for an emergency car repair fund and share the remaining £45 out between my other savings pots (Christmas, holidays, rainy day fund). So the 2014 pot gained only £5, but it's still an addition. 

I must start to find ways to make a little extra to save in my challenge fund. I've joined Swagbucks for paid surveys and started to clip coupons as well. My intention is that each time I use a coupon or voucher the moeny I save will go into my 2014 fund. I have a lot of things I should be eBaying, too.

Running total: 

£157.51

PS  - picked up a few more pennies for my 'found money' pot today too.

No comments:

Post a Comment